Serves 2 people
Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Total Cook Time: 45 minutes
Here’s our gluten-free and oven baked twist on the classic Turkish mucver! They’re usually eaten as an appetizer before a meal but we personally love to make a large batch of these at the beginning of the week to snack on them at any time throughout the day. It’s easy to make and super light! These gluten-free fritters taste even better with a dollop of yogurt with minced garlic . Quick, easy, delicious and nutritious...what else could you want! Make sure to share a picture of your recreations with us and let us know in the comment section below what other recipes you would like to see from us!
- 3 zucchini, grated
- 3 organic eggs
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ bunch dill, finely chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp / 45 g crumbled white or feta cheese
- 4 tbsp / 30 g Gabfoods GF flour mix or chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp / 10 g baking powder
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F).
- Grate the zucchinis and salt them. Let them rest in the kitchen counter for about 15 minutes. Place the grated zucchini in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze the excess liquid.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the finely chopped spring onion, dill, parsley, grated zucchini, cheese, GF flour, baking powder, olive oil, salt and pepper. Combine.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out ¼ cup of batter per fritter and place on the sheet, keeping sufficient distance between fritters. Repeat the process with all of the batter.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.