Total cook time: 1h
There’s nothing we love more than a nice, sweet treat, except, a nice sweet treat with no bloating! Out Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake will be the talk of the town, pick up your cell and invite your friends, there’s nothing they’ll love more!
- 10 medjoul dates (pitless)
- 2 cups (300 gr) almonds (we recommend marcona almonds)
- 15 medjoul dates (pitless)
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 3 cups (400 gr.) cashews (soak for 6 hours previously)
- 1 cup (250 ml.) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml.) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (70 gr. )almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF (150ºC)
- Spread the almonds on the baking tray and roast until they turn golden (takes about 20 minutes)
- Let the almonds cool
- Remove the pits from your dates. Just cut a line lengthwise through your date and pick out the seeds.
- Add the pitless dates and the almonds to the blender for about 30 seconds, until you create a sticky base.
- Set aside ¼ of a cup of the base for later.
- Pour in the circular mold (we recommend 23cm round pan) creating a flat base. You can use your hands (don’t forget to wash them before!) or a cup.
- To the freezer! For 10 minutes.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 10 minutes, once the 10 minutes has passed, drain the dates and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Pour the dates, salt, almond milk and almond butter into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Take the base layer out of the freezer and pour the caramel layer on top of it, smooth layer with a spoon/spatula/whatever flat utensil that you have in your kitchen..
- To the freezer! (Again)
- Soak cashews for 6h, once the time has passed, rinse and drain.
- Mix the cashews, almond milk, coconut oil, vanilla and almond butter in a blender for a couple of minutes until smooth
- Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the caramel layer
- Give your pan a little shake to even out the surface and remove any air bubbles
- Add to the freezer for 8 hours
- Take it out of the freezer 20 minutes before your feast for the perfect texture.
Watch the full video here!
Et voila! You’re ready to enjoy our Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake! Don’t forget to tag your recreations of our recipes with #cookingwithgab for the chance to be featured on our Instagram and a chance to win some of our tableware products for your next table!