If you want your table to look just like this one, you’re in luck! You can purchase all of these pieces on our website!
Total Cook Time: 30 minutes
We’ve all been there, we open Pinterest or Google aimlessly scrolling looking for a quick and nutritious recipe you can cook up in no time! This creamy, warm and soul-satisfying recipe will make it in your go-to recipes notes page on your phone in time, especially for the cold, winter months ahead. As an added plus, it’s the perfect dish to impress your dinner guests too! You can switch up the type of mushroom you can switch up the mushrooms for whichever mushroom you prefer (shiitake and even portobello mushrooms would be a perfect alternative)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- Approximately 6 sage leaves
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms (we used saffron milkcaps which were in season but feel free to use whichever mushrooms you prefer)
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 handful of kale
- Pre-roast your sweet potatoes: Roast at 200°C degrees for 40 minutes with the peel on
- Once your sweet potatoes have cooled, peel them and cut into small cubes
- Add your sweet potatoes to a bowl along with the ghee, smoke paprika and salt
- Blend your sweet potato and spice mixture until you obtain a silky consistency
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil, sage and onion and caramelize them by constantly mixing for 15 minutes until the onions become soft and translucent
- Add your mushrooms and the dash of white wine and cook for another 5 minutes
- Add your kale and cook until wilted
- Plate it all up and enjoy! We used the sweet potato as a base and topped it with the mushroom stir fry
The full video of this recipe is also available on our Instagram!
We’ve been seeing more of your recipe recreations on our instagram and love seeing the chefs you’re becoming! So make sure to continue tagging us with the #cookingwithgab so we can see your posts and feature them!
If you’re in need of some inspiration on how to set your table for this dish, look no further than our Gabfoods La Table collection.