Ediz (my Husband's) Favorite Chocolate Cake
We’ve given you an array of recipes but we wouldn’t be a food company without a chocolate cake recipe now would we? This truly is a to-die-for cake for all you chocolate lovers out there (even if you don’t love chocolate I’m sure you have a special someone that does). Pretty sure I stole my husband’s heart with this cake…need I say more? It’s a simple dessert with a big wow factor for all your guests (and did we mention it can easily be made into a gluten free chocolate cake too?)
Total Cook Time: 50 minutes (20 minutes prep-time, 30 minutes in the oven)
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 150g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 90 g flour (almond flour to make it gluten free)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F).
- To avoid the batter from sticking, lightly oil your cake tin and dust it with cacao powder.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together over a Bain Marie.
- While the chocolate and the butter are melting, in another bowl whisk and combine the sugar and eggs.
- Once melted slowly incorporate spoon by spoon the melted chocolate and butter mixture into the egg and sugar mixture. Stir constantly to avoid cooking the eggs.
- Add the flour into this mixture.
- Pour the batter into your cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest for around 10-15 minutes before serving.
The decoration for this cake is where you can let your creativity run wild. This time I opted for thinly sliced pears and plums along with raspberries, blueberries and blackberries but any seasonal fruit will work great (figs work great too!) If you want some more chocolatey goodness in your life you can also drizzle it with melted chocolate and top it off with some shaved chocolate.
This cake is very special to me and I’d love to see what you come up with to decorate it (I’m sure my husband would too!) Make sure to tag us on Instagram with @gabfoods so I can see it!
And it you’re stuck with a sweet-tooth make sure you check out our other summer recipes too: