Paleo? Like the Paleolithic era? In case you have never come across the word paleo before, it does in fact come from the word paleolithic and roughly follows a diet that was followed by our ancestors in that era. So, if you follow a paleo diet or simply choose to avoid grain free, dairy free and refined sugar free or have celiac disease and have to avoid gluten this healthy waffle recipe is for you! These waffles are completely sugar free and use almond flour and tapioca flour to make them completely gluten free.
Read more about the paleo and keto diets on our blog "Redefining Diets: A Commitment to your Well-Being"
Total Cook Time: 50 minutes (20 minutes prep-time, 30 minutes in the oven)
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Grain Free, Refined Sugar Free
- 50g Almond Flour
- 65g Tapioca Flour
- 9g Coconut Flour
- 4 Baking Powder
- 100g Almond Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 25g Coconut Oil
- 2,5g Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- 7,5g Agave Syrup
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray it with oil to avoid the dough from sticking
- Mix your dry ingredients in one bowl
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine thoroughly
- Add your waffle dough in serving sizes to your waffle iron and cook for approximately 5 minutes
- Now for the best part: The toppings! We opted for our homemade NOtella and sliced strawberries but you can feel free to add any topping that you prefer. Raspberries are also one of our favorites to add to this recipe (you can even add it to the dough!)
We know that many people have a variety of intolerances but that shouldn’t have to stop you from enjoying your favorite recipes so we hope that this recipe can make it a little easier to fit this classic weekend brunch staple into your week.